- All images are protected by US and international copyright laws.
- Watermarked images are solely for evaluating/comping whether you wish to purchase a license to the Non-Watermarked Image. You may not use a Watermarked image in any final materials distributed privately or to the public or in any online or other electronic distribution system.
- None of our images may be resold or redistributed by any means, or made available for redistribution or resale by a third party.
- Royalty Free/Rights-Managed means that you pay for the image only once and then you can use it on a single title and it's promotional materials. If you wish to use the image on a second title, then you MUST purchase another license.
- The maximum number of copies for printed materials is 25,000 copies; 75,000 for digital copies. Over 25,000 print copies or 75,000 digital copies requires a worldwide plus license
- The high-resolution images that you purchase under the regular Royalty Free/Rights-Managed license may be used to make promo prints, on a website, in a magazine, newspaper, book cover or booklet, flyer, or any other advertising and promotional material, in either printed or electronic media. They cannot be posted as is without a watermark. If you have any questions regarding how you may use your purchased image please contact us at Support@TheReedFiles.com
- Buying the high-resolution image (purchasing the license) does not transfer the copyright. You may not claim that the image is your own and you may not sell, license for use, or in any way distribute the image for reuse.
- We recommend that you credit Taria Reed/The Reed Files when you use an image.
- Images may not be used as a trademark or service mark (unless the appropriate license is being used), for any pornographic or unlawful purpose, to defame a person, to violate a person's right to privacy or publicity, to infringe upon any copyright, trade name, trademark, or service mark of any person/entity.
- Images are approved for use on LGBTQ covers as long as the above is adheared to.
- If you have downloaded an image that has technical flaws please contact Support@TheReedFiles.com. If you are not able to download an image, please contact Support@TheReedFiles.com. Downloads are not refunded if more than 3 days from the purchase date have passed.
- Licenses are non-transferable except in the case of an artist purchasing the image for a single title design to be sold. Image may only be used once as per the royalty-free/rights managed license information.
- Premade covers are acceptable provided the artist comply with the licensing information outlined above.
- Finished designs MUST credit in the final book on the copyright page as: Taria Reed/The Reed Files
- A hi-res copy of the finished design should be sent to Support@TheReedFiles.com so we may help you promote your work, and so that our models can add it to their portfolio. Nothing will be posted online until the designer/publisher/author publishes it first.
A world wide royalty free/rights managed license (which is what’s sold on the site) is $20-$35
A world wide plus royalty free/rights managed license for titles that sold over 25,000 print or 75,000 digital copies - $300
A worldwide exclusive license ranges from $400 - $1000
We also offer custom shoots ranging from $400-$3000 includes worldwide exclusive license.
The Reed Files has the right to change the license terms at anytime without notice.
Please contact Support@TheReedFiles.com with any questions.